3rd European Workshop on Epitaxial Graphene and 2D Materials
Bergisch Gladbach (near Cologne) 17. – 21. May 2016
The scope of EWEG2D’2016 is the physics and chemistry of 2-dimensional materials (2DMs) with a strong focus on 2DMs grown epitaxially on well-defined substrates.
For further information please visit our website:
Workshop on Geometric aspects of the Quantum Hall Effect
Cologne | December 14 - 18, 2015
Institute for Theoretical Physics | University of Cologne Conference
Conference room 0.03
The goal of the Workshop is to bring together physicists and mathematicians, working in Quantum Hall
and neighbouring fields.
For more information please see: Workshop on Geometric aspects of the Quantum Hall Effect
Nanostructure Characterization by Atomic Force Microscopy
Christian Teichert | Institute of Physics, Montanuniversität Leoben, Austria
11/12 September 2014 | 1 pm?–?5 pm
II. Physical Institute
• Quantitative roughness analysis
• Morphological analysis of inorganic and organic nanostructure arrays
• Frequent problems in imaging and image analysis
• Friction force and transverse shear microscopy, mapping of adhession
forces with functionalized probes
• Nanomechanical characterization by AFM
• Electrical characterization on the nanometer scale by C-AFM, KPFM, photoconductivity, ...
• Magnetic Force Microscopy
• Discussion of specific AFM problems of the participants